Thursday, September 25, 2008

my energizer bunny!

when i was new on the island there was one thing that gave me joy…and whenever i visited any of my cousins i would search for it like a hungry puppy…eventually, i became addicted to it…do you have an idea what it is?…Coke!!..i love coke..it was like an energizer bunny to me..if i can have a drink of it, i can go on and on and on…it perks me up..i could gulp it down from morning til night..i even had a crazy idea of having a coke dispenser instead of a water dispenser in my place..when i drink it, i feel happy and satisfied…so i never followed the advice of drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day..well, i can drink more than 8 cans of coke a day…sometimes i am surprised because i can finish a big bottle(2 li) of coke in less than an hour…such an addiction…and so everytime i would check any of my cousin’s fridge, they’d tell me, “hey, ive saved a bottle of coke for you.” they spoil me^^however, early this year, i was glued watching a program on bbc america..it is a good program coz it promotes healthy eating and lifestyle as well…it’s called, “you are what you eat”…the host of the show is a nutritionist herself…she would come into ”rescuing” someone who has an unhealthy eating habit..and most of the time these people are extremely obese, unfamiliar with the word “exercise” ,others were strangers to what a vegetable is and would eat chips, chocolates, fry ups, beers and soda!!..and so i was taken aback because it hits me on the head…i was living an unhealthy lifestyle..i noticed that no matter how much i drink of it, my thirst is never quenched(contrary to their slogan!)…and do you know that you can clean your toilet bowl with coke??(i learned this from a tv program that comes on after “you are what you eat”)..yup, it can make your toilet bowl pearly-looking..because it contains phosphoric acid…i was shocked! it means im cleaning my gut!..making it like a white-washed tomb..so i needed to clean-up my act..i vowed to myself just to drink water…only water…my cousins(and nieces) were surprised when i told them that ive stopped drinking coke…and you know what? it feels good to drink water..it cleanses and it can really quench your thirst…well, ive to admit that i drink coke but maybe just once a week esp during the weekend…but i was able to break my old habit of drinking it as long as i want…i remember a passage in the Bible that says,”but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:14)..yup, Christ is our fountain of Living Water…when we receive Him in our life He will be our energizer bunny that makes us go on and on and on….no need of charging and supply lasts through eternity!!..

“Those who depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the Lord, The Fountain of Living Water” (Jeremiah 17:13)

No comments: